This is a post being shared on social media.
In the United States, an estimated 5.4 million people have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. This figure is growing rapidly with the ageing population.
One of them was Steve Newport. His wife, Mary Newport, was a doctor. Dr. Mary learned that her husband had severe Alzheimer’s disease.
When the doctor examined her husband at the hospital, he asked Steve to paint a clock. Instead, he drew a few circles and then drew a few figures without any logic. It was not like a clock at all!.
The doctor pulled her aside and said: “Your husband is already on the verge of severe Alzheimer’s disease!”
It turned out that it was a test of whether a person had Alzheimer’s disease. Dr. Mary was very upset at that time, but as a doctor, she would not just give up. She began to study the disease. She found out Alzheimer’s disease was associated to glucose deficiency to the brain.
Her research says: “The dementia of the elderly is like having diabetes in the head ! Before one has the symptoms of Diabetes or Alzheimer’s disease, the body has already had problems for 10 to 20 years.”
According to Dr. Mary’s study, Alzheimer’s disease is very similar to Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. The cause is also insulin imbalance.
Because insulin has a problem, it prevents the brain cells from absorbing glucose. Glucose is the nutrition of brain cells. Without glucose, brain cells die.
It is not from fruits such as grapes. She started looking for alternatives.
The alternative nutrients for brain cells are ketones. Ketones are necessary in brain cells. Ketones cannot be found in vitamins.
*Coconut oil* contains triglicerides. After the triglycerides in *coconut oil* is consumed, it is metabolised into ketones in the liver. This is the alternative nutrient for brain cells!
After this scientific verification, Dr. Mary added *coconut oil* to her husband’s food. After only two weeks, when he went to the hospital again to do painting and clock tests, the progress was amazing.
Dr. Mary said: “At that time, I thought, has God heard my prayers? Wouldn’t it be coconut oil that worked ? But there is no other way.Anyway, it’s better to continue taking the*coconut oil*.”
Dr. Mary was now part of the traditional medical practice base. She clearly knew the capabilities of traditional medicine.
Three weeks later, the third time she took him to do a smart clock test, the performance was better than the last time. This progress was not only intellectual, but also emotional and physical.
Dr. Mary said: “He could not do his running but now he can run. He could not read for a year and a half, but he can read again now after taking *coconut oil* for three months.”
Her husband’s actions had already begun to change. He did not speak in the mornings. Now she noticed a lot of changes: “Now after he gets up, he is spirited, talking and laughing. He drinks water himself and take utensils for himself on his own.”
On the surface, these are very simple daily tasks, but only those who have come to the clinic or have demented relatives at home can experience the joy: It is not easy to see such progress!
After frying the greens & onions in coconut oil, making cakes with coconut, after taking 3 to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil per meal, 2-3 months later, the eyes too can now focus normally.
Her studies proved that *coconut oil* can really improve the problem of dementia in the elderly.
Apply *coconut oil* to bread. When coconut cream is used, the taste is unexpectedly good.
Young people can also use it for maintenance of health and prevention, and can improve if they have symptoms of dementia.
Dementia is caused because nutrients cannot be transported to brain cells, and nutrients must be passed from the body to the brain by insulin.
Especially for diabetic patients its not easy to get insulin secretion. “Nutrition cannot get to the brain. When brain cells are starved to death, they are deprived of intelligence.”
*Coconut oil* contains medium-chain triglyceride, which can supply nutrients to the brain without using insulin.
*So, it can improve Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease*.
After reading the article, don’t forget to share it.
There are innumerable mistakes in this claim.
- “She found out Alzheimer’s disease was associated to glucose deficiency to the brain.” SHE COULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT. THE CLAIM IS ABSURD. Alzheimer’s disease is thought to be caused by the abnormal build-up of amyloid and tau proteins in and around brain cells.
- According to Dr. Mary’s study, Alzheimer’s disease is very similar to Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. The cause is also insulin imbalance. WRONG AS MENTIONED ABOVE
- Because insulin has a problem, it prevents the brain cells from absorbing glucose. Glucose is the nutrition of brain cells. Without glucose, brain cells die. ONCE AGAIN AN ABSURD CLAIM. Insulin is needed in all cells including brain cells to convert glucose into energy. And ALL CELLS die without glucose not just brain cells.
- “high-quality proteins are the cells that feed our body… …… two kinds of food, we are the masters of our own health!” ANYONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THIS DESERVES A NOBEL PRIZE
- The alternative nutrients for brain cells are ketones. Ketones are necessary in brain cells. Ketones cannot be found in vitamins. THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG BIOLOGY. When sugar levels are high, insulin sends a signal to the liver to store the access as fat. When blood glucose level drops, (during fasts, between meals etc.) stored fat is reduced to ketones which are used by every cell in the body NOT ONLY BRAIN CELLS.
- While coconuts do have triglycerides, the body WILL NOT convert them directly into ketones NEITHER WILL THE BRAIN CELLS exclusively use ketones for nourishment. All cells will use ketones WHEN glucose is not available and the liver will need to get the signal from insulin level to begin producing them. The source of the triglycerides in the body is completely irrelevant.
- The rest of the post focuses on the miraculous medical benefits of coconut in the treatment of Alzheimer’s as “discovered” by the so called Dr. Mary, wife of the patient, Mr. Steve Newport. THIS IS NOT PUBLISHED IN PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS OR CONFIRMED BY OTHER SCIENTISTS
- In view of the mistakes in basic science outlined above it is clearly absurd.
Extensive use of coconut products in diet has been a part of the culture of a large segment of population. The health risks of the “saturated fats” was unnecessarily highlighted a few decades ago. Given the small quantities consumed, these risks were negligible and in any case the correlation between saturated fat intake and bad health outcomes is quite tenuous. Unfortunately it created a sense of being targeted.
Some other claims of miraculous cures for Alzheimer’s and other diseases have been debunked earlier.
Such posts praising “health benefits” of coconuts and the “miraculous cures” due to coconut in social media are mostly a consequence of the contemporary popularity of ancestor glorification. A large segment of the population is convinced that each and every cultural practice is supported by ancient wisdom which is far superior to contemporary science. So they applaud without the smallest trivial critical examination any claim that an ancient cultural practice has the answer to a contemporary problem unresolved by modern science.